Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Entertainment Center Revisited

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robatoy"
Newsgroups: rec.woodworking
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 9:09 PM
Subject: Entertainment Center Revisited

Very nice! So, tell me more about those drawer handles...please.
What I like about today's electronics, is that units like that can be
made shallow(er).. less intrusive into the room. Speakers are much
smaller now too.

Thank you. The handles, Ash, painted with black stain and clear coated
with varnish. 1/4" thick and 1-3/4" deep at the center. They are oval
shaped and are flush with the front ends of the drawer fronts. There is a
5/8" hole in the center.

In a way that's too bad, the new-fangled entertainment units are
starting to look anemic. Too much glass and tubular stuff...we want
wood, dammit...

I usta have 4 large loud speakers. I bought hem in 1975 and finally
replaced them in 2003 IIRC. Now 2 speakers smaller than those in the
pictures and a 12" subwoofer made by Phase Technologies, a center and rear
satellite speakers made by Boston Acoustics. These out perform the old
ones.