Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Drywall & Receptacles

Kitep wrote:
I bought a house, a real fixer-upper One problem is that a lot of the
holes cut in the drywall to fit around the receptacles are too large, so
that the fins on the plug don't catch - it just keeps going till it's flush
with the box, which of course if flush with the stud. So, the plug sits
about 1/2 inch too deep.

What are some methods for fixing this? The best way I could think of is to
buy some longer screws, and some small, thick washers. Any suggestions?

I swear I saw metal support plates for just this problem in the dale
electric catalog but I can't seem to come up with the right combination
of search terms to find you a link to their web site. I was going to
order a couple next time I had to order any electrical supplies and I
haven't had to order anything in a while.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel