Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Looking for a Leominster, MA plumber

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Meat Plow writes:

Do it yourself with a vampire tap valve, some 1/8" plastic tubing and
compression fittings.

Do not use polyethylene tubing. It gets brittle over time, and will
certainly fail in a matter of years and flood your house.

I don't know about poly, but I installed my own line with copper tubing.
My only other plumbing experience has been changing faucet washers and
unclogging drains )

Be sure, whatever tubing you use, to leave a coil behind the fridge so
you have plenty extra to pull the fridge out for cleaning.