Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for a Leominster, MA plumber

I recently purchased a new refrigerator and I need to have a water
line installed and hooked up to the ice maker. Can anyone recommend a
quality plumber in the Leominster, MA area? I tried calling my local
Sears but I was told that they recently canceled their contracts with
their plumbers and other appliance maintenance people. They were also
unwilling to personally recommend anyone (corporate policy). I'm new
to the area I do not know who to trust to do the job well. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Plow writes:

Do it yourself with a vampire tap valve, some 1/8" plastic tubing and
compression fittings.

Do not use polyethylene tubing. It gets brittle over time, and will
certainly fail in a matter of years and flood your house.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the suggestion but this type of plumbing work isn't my
thing. I know what I'm good at and what I'm not. This isn't a job I'm
comfortable taking on (that is to say "what's a vampire tap valve and
compression fittings?"). Also, I just moved into the house and have a
lot of other things to do. Sadly, I wouldn't have the time to educate
myself slowly and make sure it got done right. If anyone knows of a
good plumber in the area that would be best for this situation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Richard J Kinch wrote:
Meat Plow writes:

Do it yourself with a vampire tap valve, some 1/8" plastic tubing and
compression fittings.

Do not use polyethylene tubing. It gets brittle over time, and will
certainly fail in a matter of years and flood your house.

I don't know about poly, but I installed my own line with copper tubing.
My only other plumbing experience has been changing faucet washers and
unclogging drains )

Be sure, whatever tubing you use, to leave a coil behind the fridge so
you have plenty extra to pull the fridge out for cleaning.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently purchased a new refrigerator and I need to have a water
line installed and hooked up to the ice maker. Can anyone recommend a
quality plumber in the Leominster, MA area? I tried calling my local
Sears but I was told that they recently canceled their contracts with
their plumbers and other appliance maintenance people. They were also
unwilling to personally recommend anyone (corporate policy). I'm new
to the area I do not know who to trust to do the job well. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks.

Pretty small job for a plumber, you may have a hard time getting one to come
out. OTOH, a good handyman can do a simple job like that. Look in the
local shoppers paper that every town usually has. Or, if you are a good
looking babe, just ask the old guy next door and he'll be glad to do it for
you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently purchased a new refrigerator and I need to have a water
line installed and hooked up to the ice maker. Can anyone recommend a
quality plumber in the Leominster, MA area? I tried calling my local
Sears but I was told that they recently canceled their contracts with
their plumbers and other appliance maintenance people. They were also
unwilling to personally recommend anyone (corporate policy). I'm new
to the area I do not know who to trust to do the job well. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks.

We use Mr. Rooter, out of Gardner. They're reliable.

http://www.mrrooter.com/

HTH,

Donna

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just ask everyone you meet in your regular daily activities.
Installing a water hookup is relatively easy thing to do. There's
got to be someone out there who has done a couple of them.

I don't trust Sears for anything, sorry.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
: I recently purchased a new refrigerator and I need to have a
water
: line installed and hooked up to the ice maker. Can anyone
recommend a
: quality plumber in the Leominster, MA area? I tried calling my
local
: Sears but I was told that they recently canceled their
contracts with
: their plumbers and other appliance maintenance people. They
were also
: unwilling to personally recommend anyone (corporate policy).
I'm new
: to the area I do not know who to trust to do the job well. Any
help
: would be appreciated. Thanks.
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 13:45:23 -0700, groupquestons wrote:

I recently purchased a new refrigerator and I need to have a water
line installed and hooked up to the ice maker. Can anyone recommend a
quality plumber in the Leominster, MA area? I tried calling my local
Sears but I was told that they recently canceled their contracts with
their plumbers and other appliance maintenance people. They were also
unwilling to personally recommend anyone (corporate policy). I'm new
to the area I do not know who to trust to do the job well. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do it yourself with a vampire tap valve, some 1/8" plastic tubing and
compression fittings.

Sure if you want "big box store" class job that will be guaranteed trouble.

Cost of plumber? mo UK diy 16 August 19th 06 10:06 PM
Looking for a plumber [email protected] UK diy 3 January 24th 06 11:42 PM
The Plumber Pat in Atlanta Home Repair 28 December 14th 05 09:16 PM
Why you should never marry a plumber Backlash Home Repair 2 June 10th 05 05:28 AM
Good Plumber or Bad Plumber? Robert Fenster Home Repair 14 June 2nd 04 06:01 AM