Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dan Dan is offline

Default Up yours Black & Decker.

lots deleted

Many moons ago, one of my first cordless drills began to die slowly
as its battery fled. In place of buying a new battery, I opted to
shelve the unit and use a dewalt.

Much later, the old unit came off the shelf, and after some
inspection of the battery procured from a garage sale for 50 cents,
I ended up using some gel cells from a TV camera power pack. Some
power electronics inside the now empty battery, and I had me one
cheap power pack. The gel belt weighs in at 15 Pounds, provides 4 to
6 hours of juice. Battery death is about 1 in the past 10 years.
Replace cost was $20 per module. Unit carries 15 modules in all,
all supplying 12 Volts.

Sometimes you gotta fix what they will not.