Posted to alt.home.repair
Pj Pj is offline

Default spacing 4x4 ceramic tiles

The chimney wall in the kitchen is 17 1/2 inches wide. The tiles are
actually 4 1/4 inches square.

I plan to use bullnose tiles on each end. At one end I would need to
lay in a 3/4 inch piece of bullnose and that's where I see a big
problem.

If I center the first tile in the middle so that the center of the
tile itself is on the center line and use a full bullnose on each end
that would leave me 2 pieces to fill in which would be cut to about 2
3/4 inches. I would sand the cut edges to a small curve.

Does this seem reasonable? Is there way to cut off 3/4 inch pieces so
I don't break the tile without using a wet saw; that is, scoring and
snapping.

Pj