Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Up yours Black & Decker.

Baron Von Nobcheese wrote:

I have a couple of cheap £20 drills at different locations, apart from
slightly disappointing torque they seem every bit as robust as the B&D
drills. The first one I bought, at the time a spare battery pack was about
£5, the second one a spare battery was included in the carry case for the
whole price of £20.

Even when the B&D drill was new the £20 drill would always have enough
charge to use while the B&D was recharging having self discharged over only
a few weeks since last used!

Good for you. but the cheap drills are almost useless to me. All
they are used for is scrapping obsolete PCs. For anything else I get out
a corded drill, or use my floor model drill press.

BTW, if you guys think cordless tools are overpriced, the first one I
saw was in the mid '60s and a new color TV cost less than the drill, and
you could have bought a used service truck for less than a new battery.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida