Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Up yours Black & Decker.

ian field wrote:

"Mike Berger" wrote in message
The same company owns Black & Decker and DeWalt, but it doesn't
mean the product lines are identical. I use my DeWalt 18 v.
driver and trimsaw regularly, and the original battery packs
are still at about 95% capacity after six years.

I use them until they are discharged, and then I recharge them.

Maybe you are less careful with your battery packs, and
that's why you have problems.

If the equipment is properly designed, it is only necessary to completely
run the batteries down to refresh them a few times a year.

Running the battery down *every* time under load leads to cells being
reverse charged and results in irrecoverable S/C cells!

Your concept of "Running them down" goes too far. You switch battery
packs as soon as it loses torque, and get it into the charger. DON'T
overcharge, and always rotate all the batteries for even usage.

Show me ANY tool maker that sells the batteries for much less than
that ratio. You can always buy a $20 chinese drill with an $8 battery
pack and throw away several drills a year when something breaks off
inside. Those $8 packs are made with low capacity Ni-Cads, as well.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida