RainLover

Default Do ALL chains say "do not use for lifting"

I've been looking at chain lately (3/8") and I've noticed something that so far, every hardware guy
says he's never seen before. On the box of chain, without exception, they all say "DO NOT use for
lifting or any situation where a life could be endangered if the chain fails.

Tell me if I'm wrong here, but what in the hell could a person use a 3/8" chain for that wasn't
potentially dangerous. If the chain has a rating of 6,500 pounds and breaks, someone is going to be
around!!!

Is this a case of lawyers being in charge of chain-making or is there actually different chain that
is approved for lifting and all the stuff at H.D., Lowes, Ace is made for something else... what I
don't know.

Any suggestions? :-)

James, Seattle

www.jameskelseystudios.com