Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Berger Mike Berger is offline

Default Up yours Black & Decker.

The same company owns Black & Decker and DeWalt, but it doesn't
mean the product lines are identical. I use my DeWalt 18 v.
driver and trimsaw regularly, and the original battery packs
are still at about 95% capacity after six years.

I use them until they are discharged, and then I recharge them.

Maybe you are less careful with your battery packs, and
that's why you have problems.

ian field wrote:

Obviously B&D supply crap batteries with their tools, and I noticed that
when I phoned B&D to ask about spares their recorded message announced
"De-Walt and Black & Decker tools" so you won't get any better there either!
Indeed I've seen one or two threads on this group by people having trouble
with De-Walt batteries as well!

So there you go Black & Decker - if you weren't such greedy *******s you
would have made some money out of me, but instead you tried to rip me off -
so I fixed it myself, improved your crap product and told everyone what a
load of crap your product is!