Posted to rec.woodworking
Jerome Meekings Jerome Meekings is offline

Default Converted Another One - To the DOMINO

charlieb wrote:

FWIW Your information and web pages have decided me to get one. It will
be on the way as soon as the Handrail fence attachment comes into stock,
probably this week. I am also getting a few sipo tenons as they may
provide some interesting contrasts.

SWIMBO has been less than impressed but I hope to reverse that when I
can show that it does not take so much time to make things.

Our bed is the first project. regrettably I will have no idea what wood
species I will be using as the suppliers stack them all together and I
have to go by weight and colour. I can't ask and SWIMBO would not know
how to translate the answers even if the wood yard knows what species
they have.

The consultation is that if I am a little careful I get very very nice
pieces and can select the best, most if not all is tropical hard wood
and some is really dense and a pleasure to work with.

a down side is I find it difficult to pick low quality for things. like
jigs, that don't need mahogany like wood, and stuff like pine is quite
expensive.
--
replace spamblock with my family name to e-mail me