Posted to alt.home.repair
dean dean is offline

Default Basement water questions

On May 31, 5:15 am, Vickie wrote:
Thank you, but I do not need to be reminded how others fared worse
than myself and I should just "get over it." I live in a town that
floods regularly and we have mulitple FEMA offices because of it. I
am fortunate to not live in the flood plain by the rivers. Many have
chosen to have their homes reclaimed by the government, after this
last episode.

Last month I gave a deposit to the waterproofing contractor and since
then have gotten a wide range of opinions and suggestions. Before I
spend thousands of dollars I'd like to understand the situation better
so I don't open a Pandora's box of other problems.

Thanks again to the people who've taken the time to be helpful.

Vickie

On May 31, 1:50 am, dean wrote:

Its a once in a lifetime flood. Who cares! Ignore it, get over it, and
get on with life. People are living in temporary housing because there
house washed away or has 10' of water in the living room because of
that storm. If I were you, I would sit back and relax, and prepare the
the next storm in 20 years.- Hide quoted text -

Vickie, sometimes the best advice of all is the easiest, to just
ignore it. See, won't take long. I was not saying you should ignore it
because I didn't want to give an alternative longer solution, I
genuinely believed (and still do) that you could indeed ignore it and
not spend a penny. Is that not the best solution financially?

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Dean