Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default American machine screw types

Homer J Simpson wrote:

"N Cook" wrote in message

For period 1970 to 2000, whatever they are, they are not very common in
Europe. Coarser thread , diam for diam, than the usual European mm and BA.
Common sizes are about 0.132 in outside diam. , pitch 32 TPI, would they
be
UNC 6 ? and 0.11 inch od and TPI about 40 , would they be 4 UNC ?

OK. The most common size is 6-32. 8-32 and 10-32 are also common. This is
AWG size 6, 8 and 10 all with 32 tpi threads.

Also 10-24 and 12-24 with 24 tpi are used.

See http://www.zytrax.com/tech/mech/threads.htm for more.

Now wait a sec.
If you're comparing AWG size with screw sizes as above ?
I think you have your wires crossed!..
#6 wire is larger than #10 wire..
6-32 is smaller than 10-32 screws.

just an observation I made once long ago.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5