Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Kilpatrick Michael Kilpatrick is offline

Default Cheapest striplight fittings for display cases etc?

robgraham wrote:
On 31 May, 17:13, Michael Kilpatrick
wrote:

Hello all,

does anybody know of a source for very cheap fittings for striplights...

The one bit of advice I would give, and I'm sure it would be backed up
by all and sundry here. is that the incandescent strip bulbs are a
financial disaster - the bulbs are very short lived and are expensive
to replace. You wold be better in the long run, both from the cost and
downtime point of view to dial up TLC and order in their undercabinet
strip lights eg

Thanks very much. However, I can see that 221mm incandescants from some
suppliers are within a few pence of the price of the 9 inch fluorescents
sold by TLC. Also I think those particular units you showed me are just
too bulky for my application. I need something more slimline if possible.

These lamps are only going to get very occasional use (about one evening
per month if I'm lucky) so the lifetime seems less of an issue, and
already we're talking about twelve pounds per unit for the kitchen under
cupboard units. I've seen a few incandescant 221mm tube fitments for
less than this but none yet that really fit the bill.

Michael