Posted to misc.consumers.house
Robobug Robobug is offline

Default Mice that wouldn't take the bite

On May 30, 8:50 pm, R Kannan wrote:
Hi,

We have a mouse (mice?) inhabiting our house that will not take cheese as a
bait in traps. We have seven traps all over the house We have tried
American and Pepperjack but nothing seems to be working.

Any suggestions?

Mice can be extremely difficult to get under control.
They prefer seeds and grain over dairy products. Though they will eat
nearly anything.
Baiting traps with various types of food may get better results.
What are they eating inside of the house? That would be a choice for
baits.
Another type of bait isn't food at all, Mice use items found in their
travels to build nests.String,cotton balls, thread, pet hair or human
hair is an example of things they scavenge for. If they have a ready
supply of food then they may not take to any food placed as bait.
Experiment with different items. It is also advised to place traps
UNSET with items on them at first. Let them get used to the traps and
begin to see them as a common household item. If a trap goes off
without catching them, they may avoid the traps in the future. Thus
mix up the area with glue boards. I have seen many mice caught on glue
boards they tend to not be as shy with them compared to snap
traps.