Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much is movie matinee where you are

lid (Luu) wrote:

I don't go to the movies much so it seems every time I do it's sticker
shock time. $8 for matinee? Yowzer. I remember when it was $3. When
it got to $3.75, I was screaming bloody murder.

We still have a $3.50 place for movies, and they're only about 3 months
behind wide release. I love that place, because it's the closest theatre to
my house, and it's a stand-alone mini-cinema from the 60s which shows pretty
much all the "mainstream" stuff I want to see. We also have a spectacular
old vaudeville theatre which shows movies a few times a month for $3.00, and
they're about 6 months behind. The theatre shows the "artsy" or "indy" films
you can't find elsewhere, at least not cheaply. Even the popcorn is cheap,
and the grandeur of the place can't be beat. Best thing is that there are
very few patrons and since the place seats over 2,000, you can always find a
seat with an unobstructed view away from anyone who's talking. I can't
remember the last time I paid more than $3.50 for a movie.