Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement water questions

On
Last month I gave a deposit to the waterproofing contractor and since
then have gotten a wide range of opinions and suggestions. *Before I
spend thousands of dollars I'd like to understand the situation better
so I don't open a Pandora's box of other problems.

Thanks again to the people who've taken the time to be helpful.

Vickie

On May 31, 1:50 am, dean wrote:

I have NEVER heard of what your considering making the situation
worse!

one friend had to have the contractor return and add a run under
center of floor, even after all that work a underground stream
surfaced there. the contractor did it for free.

later he found that before his home was built a stream ran thru his
lot, and had been filled in. no wonder he had troubles.

the extra underground run dried things up permanetely. 5 years later
he sold the home the dry basement warranty.