Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Charles is offline

Default Outdoor Flood Lights-Juice but no Light

"Clancy Wiggum" wrote in message
Charles wrote:

Corky, what is wrong with my advice?

Give some, and I'll let you know. So far, you have offered only
criticism.
Respond to the OP with how he/she should proceed and then we can take pot
shots at you. Or, if you happen to offer sage advice ... then HURRAHS to
you Porky.

I did, Corky. I asked him to test the input wiring, without the
possibility of "phantom" (inductive) voltage, which a voltmeter will
provide - despite your claim to the contrary that a voltmeter is a
"high impendence device". And can not reliably differentiate, which
is bull****.

A phantom voltage is defined by NEMA as being caused by capacitive coupling
among conductors. Inducitve coupling is different (you continue to show
your ignorance on these very basic concepts and dig yourself in deeper every
time that you post). No big deal here, as neither capacitive coupling or
inductive coupling is applicable to this particular situation. This
situation is so simple, in terms of troubleshooting, that it merits little
discussion. You have promoted the discussion by making snide remarks and
very inappropriate comments. Bull**** is in the eye of the beholder and you
reek of it, from my viewpoint.

A bad connection is a bad connection. Anybody with an ounce of common sense
knows how to proceed. Outdoor, low-voltage lighting systems all have, or
eventually have, bad connections. Pull up the wires and wiggle the
connections and the lights go on and off.

What the hell is your problem with that? You are jumping to
conclusions without any measurable data. I asked the OP to provide
measurable data, you told him he had a "bad connection" without
further steps to diagnose, nor a fix.

My problem is with twits like you who have probably never fixed a broken
flashlight. You feed your ego here via distasteful remarks about things up
other's arses, which says a lot about you.