Posted to alt.home.repair
Clancy Wiggum Clancy Wiggum is offline

Default Outdoor Flood Lights-Juice but no Light

Charles wrote:

Corky, what is wrong with my advice?

Give some, and I'll let you know. So far, you have offered only criticism.
Respond to the OP with how he/she should proceed and then we can take pot
shots at you. Or, if you happen to offer sage advice ... then HURRAHS to
you Porky.

I did, Corky. I asked him to test the input wiring, without the
possibility of "phantom" (inductive) voltage, which a voltmeter will
provide - despite your claim to the contrary that a voltmeter is a
"high impendence device". And can not reliably differentiate, which
is bull****.

What the hell is your problem with that? You are jumping to
conclusions without any measurable data. I asked the OP to provide
measurable data, you told him he had a "bad connection" without
further steps to diagnose, nor a fix.

This was my advice to start the troubleshooting:

fixture. Don't use inductive probes or gimmicky light bulb testers.
Use a real voltmeter to test the *wiring* first, then you can work on
diagnosing a bad fixture."