Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Mysterious exploding toughened glass pane... WTF???!!!

In uk.d-i-y, Derek Geldard wrote:
On Wed, 30 May 2007 18:29:05 GMT, Lobster
wrote:
I'm also concerned at another level - had this spontaneous breakage
occurred an hour later the pane would have been in situ and the property
empty for the night, and therefore totally open to burglary.

Small to medium size panes of glass are not very secure. AIUI burglars
tend not break in via big panes of glass, too much noise.

And if the
glass is so fragile, WTF is the point of paying for it to be toughened?

It doesn't break into sharp dangerous shards.

Thus endangering the burglar. We wouldn't want that now, would we?

--
Mike Barnes