Posted to alt.home.repair
Clancy Wiggum Clancy Wiggum is offline

Default Outdoor Flood Lights-Juice but no Light

Charles wrote:

No, Corky. A voltmeter will show the gentleman exactly what voltage
potential exists at the wiring *before* the fixture. Those stupid $6
LED testers will light up with the smallest amount of induced voltage,
telling him nothing.

Yes, Porky. You obviously do not understand series circuits, Kirchhoff's
Laws, and instrument impedance. Just keep digging your hole deeper.

Corky, I am familiar with all of those concepts. Please tell me why
you refuse to admit that a faulty "test instrument" as the OP
described, and used, is proof of your argument that a transient
voltage is NOT to blame, and is in fact as you claim a "bad
connection".