Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default Basement water questions

In article . com, Vickie
says...

Maybe I don't understand weep holes very well. I was originally
thinking they were holes going completely through the cinder block to
the ground outside that's basement level, which sounds like it would
be inviting in a lot of water. Are they actually holes drilled
partially into the cinder block from the inside and would release only
trapped water?? If so that's not as bad as I invisioned.

Vickie

Yes, that's what they are. And they are a necessary part of the interior French
drain system.

B-Dry (the system I have) puts a thick vinyl cover over the bottom 8 inches or
so of the interior wall to cover the weep holes.

On your problem, I think you can probably two-stage it - first, the sump where
you have an issue. Then, if you still have an issue - the interior drain system
tying into the sump.

Then, as long as you power the pump, you're in good shape.

Banty