Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mysterious exploding toughened glass pane... WTF???!!!

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
I'm also concerned at another level - had this spontaneous breakage
occurred an hour later the pane would have been in situ and the property
empty for the night, and therefore totally open to burglary. And if the
glass is so fragile, WTF is the point of paying for it to be toughened?

It's strange stuff, toughened glass. One staff canteen I used to frequent
supplied toughened glass water tumblers and it was quite common for one to
explode. But as windows if it survives installation it generally lasts
well. After all car side and rear windows are still mainly toughened.

--
*Laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.