Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default I love Home Depot......really, I do...honest...the staff is soknowledgable and helpful...

jJim McLaughlin wrote:

snipped

Manager sends clerk, "Danielle" off for a "break".

I wind up, at no charge, with four 2 packs, 8 bulbs total of something
called
N:Vision 65 nominal watt floods in return for the one dead bulb that had
lasted 62 whole day. Seven year guaranty on these.

He obviously saw the light....

*********************

I did something equally ludicrous this month, but it didn't work out
worth a damn for me:

A few years ago, while ordering some stuff from Harbor Freight, I made
an impulse purchase of a "Stove Bolt Assortment":

http://tinyurl.com/2upx27

I figured there's gonna be a day when I'd need several "matching"
fasteners rather that the hodge podge I usually dig out of my "Hell Box".

A couple of weekends ago when I was bonding with young son under the
hood of his '95 Civic and we needed a half dozen small bolts and nuts to
fasten some sheet metal in place.

I got out the HF assortment, selected some 10-24 RH screws and hex nuts
and started to install the first one while the kid held the pieces in
alignment.

The space was tight (What space under the hood of a car isn't these
days?) and I couldn't get the first nut started. I pulled the screw and
nut out and went to thread them together in front of my nose. "No go". I
took a close look at the nut. I was shocked, shocked to find NO THREADS!!!

Every damn 10-24 nut in the box had missed the threading operation
somewhere on the other side of the world.

Since only the screw heads were visible, I scrounged a variety of 10-24
nuts from my lifelong collection and we finished the job with them.

******

Totally for ****s and grins I dashed off a letter to HF and Scotch taped
a couple of the unthreaded nuts onto it. I explained that when I
received the Stove Bolt Assortment a couple of years ago I noticed the
unthreaded nuts but assumed that the threads were "on backorder" and
would be delivered later.

I asked them to please look into it and tell me when I might expect the
backordered threads to ship. I couldn't wait to find out what I'd hear
back from them.

Yesterday I received a reply from an HF customer service twit, probably
a first cousin to your "Danielle", whom God had obviously gifted with
boobs instead of brains. She wasted a paragraph of text explaining that
they couldn't find my original order for the product and thus were
unable to help me; So sorry.

******

Have you guys noticed that a good sense of humor usually denotes a
person with higher intelligence and that the dummies just "don't get it"
when you try and get a laugh out of them?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)