Michael McNeil

Default What are the key elements of a 'raft'?

(Jon Weaver) wrote in message . com...

Since you obviously know absolutely nothing about what you have
contracted for you had best steer clear until it is all over. In case
you do not know it: if you wind people up, they are liable to become
violent.

For your next project you might care to bear in mind the following:

1. It takes from 3 to 9 hours for a usenet post to appear. Another
three to nine for a reply and the time up to reading the post.

2. The contractor has set aside both his time and his money to get
your job done. You might at least have had the courtesy to ask around
and see if he is any good.

3. Our replies are not chapter and verse. Take careful note that the
poster who wants all that hardcore has set aside a lot of time to draw
pictures of a raft. He has no knowledge of your site. You could have
found out that much from your local library or looked up previously
posted threads. As far as I know he is correct though no-one has
mentioned the need to drop to 18 inches for the foundation.

4. Thomas Telford ran a rail line over boggy land using carpets of
willow faggots. (Bundes of withies overlapping each other.) You could
have done the same. (Just thought I'd rub salt in. There are a
suprisingly large number of people still around, who take pride in
their work and their ability. Let us don't hinder!)