Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default The reason for Home Depot Plywood Lack of Quality

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

| Having been through a disaster like that, the people themselves
| have to take responsibility in helping them selves. Fema could
| have been there moments after the storm and there would still would
| have been the devestation and the people with out homes. It was a
| natural disaster of epic proportions. Not a whole lot was reported
| about the winds of the storm which was the really dangerous part.
| More was reported on the water after the storm. Too bad the mayor
| let the school buses sit and be flooded. Before hand planing and
| prefaration was the real problem.

Lesson: Contingency planning is essential.
Lesson: A transportation plan is manditory.

Want to bet that they still haven't identified staging areas for
moving supplies in and people out next time around?

No doubt. I still recall seeing the aerial view of the "hundreds" of
school buses sitting under water that could have been used to evacuate.
More than enough to have emptied the Superdome so the Super Dome could have
remained empty and none of those people would have had to live in that mess.

Next time I bet they make sure the fuel tanks are empty before the storm to
guard against contamination when they flood again.