Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default The reason for Home Depot Plywood Lack of Quality

HeyBub wrote:

| Remember, the feds can't do much of anything unless asked by local
| functionaries. It's sad that the feds were hamstrung by the stunning
| incompetence of the local folk. For example, there were enough
| school busses to take a goodly portion of the people in the dome
| all the way to Houston (one "stolen" bus made the trip).

Lesson: Do not depend on competence of government.
Be prepared.

I'm an amateur radio operator. It's not just an interesting hobby -
there are associated responsibilities: provide communications in
emergency situations; provide communications equipment, on demand, to
the federal government; cease operations instantly when radio silence
is ordered, etc.

I inquired as to the need for communications volunteers in NO and was
told to stay away - that volunteers would just get in the way. I've
heard that other people volunteered to take boats, food, and just
about everything else you can imagine - and that they were told the
same thing.

Lesson: If volunteers are needed, just go. The command and control
crap can all be sorted out when the immediate needs have
been met. When lives are at stake, it's not about "who's in
charge."

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar