Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default The reason for Home Depot Plywood Lack of Quality

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...

Billions were spent to be prepared for an eventuality like that. Which
pockets it all ended up in nobody knows....lemme guess...General
Dynamics? Raytheon? Lockheed?..surely some defense contractor must
have made some money off the fear of the ordinary citizens?
Scared of the weather? We'll just create an agency just for you. We'll
take your tax dollars and line the pockets of a whole whack of
appointees and then then when the **** hits the fan, we'll find a high-
profile scapegoat.

The real crying shame is the fact that assistance was offered before the
storm to help prevent this kind of human tragity from happening in the first
place. Get the people out before the flooding. But uh Oh noooo... said
the mayor and the govenor. We got it under control. And speaking of being
ready for the storm, I recall a reporter interviewing NO's head guy for
emergency management 2 days before the storm it. The reporter asked what
have you done to prepair for the storm? The answer was sweet and short. To
sum it up, nothing was done. The second question, are you ready? The
answer was something like, we hoped this would not happen on our watch.