Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Mysterious exploding toughened glass pane... WTF???!!!

drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster
saying something like:

pplied putty to the rebate and picked up the new pane... I was holding
it vertically between fingers and thumbs, just lining it up with the
frame when suddenly - KAPOW!! without any warning or provocation the
whole pane exploded instantaneously in mid air, and landed in a heap of
tiny pieces all over my feet. It must have looked like a Tom and Jerry
cartoon; I was left there holding out my empty hands with a stunned look
on my face.

Would appreciate any comments (before tomorrow!).

Meanwhile, a boy with an airgun was quietly knotting himself laughing in
the bushes.
--

Dave