Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] DanKMTB@gmail.com is offline

Default Older craftsman chainsaw fuel line keeps popping off...

On May 29, 10:26 pm, dpb wrote:
On May 29, 9:07 pm, Oren wrote:

On 29 May 2007 17:46:34 -0700, dpb wrote:

If snug fits in this case and you have enough line - snip half inch
off and fit the hose. The swollen end is cut off a bit to fit tighter.

In that case the OP can cut the line and snug 'er up.

That's a short term fix that can serve as a temporary workaround, but
none I have have extra length so that the shorter one won't reach to
bottom of tank. That, of course, is only a minor inconvenience as
compared to not being able to keep the saw running at all...

The best answer then is a new fuel line . ...

Is there an Echo (pun intended) in here???

--

I'm not a mechanic, so take my comments at face value. I did grow up
owning and working on quads, dirt bikes and outboard motors. In my

With a chain saw you won't be stranded if/when it fails, but I'd still
prefer my fix to last as long as possible. This said, I'd replace the
line (including an extra inch or two if practical) and add clamps.
The peace of mind is worth the dollar or two it will cost.

Good looks to Oren for mentioning snipping off a bit. I've done that
to get by in a pinch in the past and didn't think to mention it here.