Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default Leaf Blower 101

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
You cannot use "best" and "electric" in the same sentence. Get a stihl.
The hand held BG65 is enough for most people. You'll never smell the
exhaust unless you use it in the house.

--
Steve Barker

"Charles Pisano" wrote in message
What is the best value in leaf blowers. Or should I say , who makes the
best ones (either/both?). I prefer electric so as to avoid inhaling any
more fumes than I already do in this world.

TIA
CP

I like electric tools for infrequent homeowner use. The question was for
"best value." For an average homeowner that may only use the blower once or
twice a year, a gasoline-powered blower is not the answer. Even with proper
care, oil-changing, adding Stabil, etc., it's problematic whether it will
restart after sitting in the garage unused for a year. Better to have an
electric such as the Toro, which is dependable and doesn't require a lot of
preventive maintenance between infrequent uses.

I use an electric Toro blower instead of my John Deere gas-powered. -- I've
also got three pressure cleaners, and the light-weight $80 electric is far
more convenient and gets more use than either of the larger gas-powered
units. When I have to pressure clean the long dock behind the house I'll
fire up the gas-powered washer, but if I'm just cleaning off the car or boat
the light-weight Husky electric is the pressure washer of choice. If / when
it ever breaks down I'll just replace it with a new one for $80 and change.