Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Computer question

In uk.d-i-y, Mary Fisher wrote:
"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
d...
Unfortunately DW's wysiwyg
won't show you what everyone
*else* gets, which is the important thing after all.

I keep looking at it myself. Have to to make sure it's up to date. It's just
a product list.

That's good, but what I meant was, DW's wysiwyg won't show you what your
pages look like in the entire range of browsers, versions, screen sizes,
and other settings that your potential customers will be using. If it's
just a product list and you keep it simple, it might well be OK, but for
anything more complicated you should keep a close eye on the code behind
the wysiwyg. DW can help with its "Target Browser Check" report, but you
need a decent grasp of HTML and possibly CSS to make good use of the
results.

I'm helping a friend get started in web design with Microsoft Expression
Web, which also encourages wysiwyg design. His first effort looked great
in Expression Web and IE, but you should have seen his face fall when I
showed him what it looked like in Firefox. I hope you won't have that
problem but it's important to be aware of its existence.

--
Mike Barnes