Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Computer question

Mary Fisher wrote:

If you really want to know (it's boring) it's about a medical condition I
have and I want to record incidents as a graph so that I can see if they are
increasing or decreasing over time.

Sounds like a simple XY series will do what you want then... time on the
X axis, and events on the Y.

Two columns in Excel. First one contains the starting date, then either
manually enter additional dates under that when you want discrete
dates[1], or put in a formula of "=A1+1" (assuming A1 is the cell
above), highlight that cell and a bunch of them below and hit CTRL D to
duplicate them down if you want a continuous run of days. Stick the
number of events in the column beside as and when you have an event to
record.

[1] Entering discrete dates will work for event that happen only every
so often. A continuous run of them will be better for something that
happens at least once a day, but is variable.

(example attached to an email flying your way)

--
Cheers,

John.