Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Light bulb question

In , Edwin Pawlowski said:

"Paul O." wrote in message
Yes, I noticed that today while looking at the 100 watters at Lowes,
hadn't noticed it before. We currently have a 60 watt equivelent in each
fixture. The wife complains it's too dark in there.

I've always disliked the color of the light from CF because everything had a
greenish cast to it. Consequently, I don't use but two of them. I was in a
place last week that had them and the light was a very white, almost
daylight color. No one knew what brand they were but I'd much rather use
them as it was much more natural and brighter looking.

If you find CFs greenish, then I think you would like most of the
Sylvanias - many of which are available at Lowes. I find Sylvania in
recent years to be "erring to purplish-pinkish" (opposite of greenish).

If you mix CFs and incandescents, you will usually see some color
difference of one kind or another. If you mix different brands and/or
models of CFs, you may see a color difference among them.

- Don Klipstein )