Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Precision of engineering helps bottom line (washer broke 2 wks out of warranty).

On May 28, 6:24 pm, Ignoramus4760
wrote:
Just two weeks after warranty on our G.E. Profile washer expired, it
broke. ...
I find this "coincidence" an evidence for intentional design where
stuff is made to break after warranty, for extra "revenue"

Maybe, maybe not. With minor repair, could last another decade.
The sound/no action could be just a slipped-off belt. Investigate
and correct, or get a repairman in. Theorizing about engineering
strategies and who-makes-a-profit isn't getting the clothes washed.

In a perfect world, one could find a quality product and be loyal to
the manufacturer. Here and now, it's near impossible. That
great pair of shoes from four years ago? Not available in that
'model' anymore. The stereo that worked so well? Company
was bought out. Vacuum cleaner that was so convenient? New
model is built on completely different principles (and there's a
$50 set of filters that needs annual replacement).

At least the manufacturer still stands behind my Betamax. And
DOS 3.2 works like it always did. Not.

Go ahead and let the manufacturer sell you parts. And pay the
service person. It won't make the service guy rich, nor break you.
After the year of warranty, when maintenance sets in, the
responsible party is... you.