Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Computer question

"Owain" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
I want to mark a particular event which happens every couple of weeks or
so into a graph form so that its regularity or otherwise can easily be
seen.
I could do it with a & b axes on graph paper but I don't want to have to
do it with pencil and paper (because I'd lose it).

Excel (or any other spreadsheet - does Google have an online one?)

Col. A = date
Col. B = event (put a 1 in for event otherwise leave blank)

Then you can get a graph of dates along the bottom axis and value 0-1
along the side axis, with bars of value 1 for each time the event happens.

More advanced manipulation (look up "grouping" and COUNT() in help)
would get you the number of events occurring monthly, etc.

Is this what you want?

Owain

I had a play with Excel last night and got it to do something but not in the
way you suggest - which of course is far superior! I'll give it another go,
thanks.

Looking up grouping etc is a bit beyond me a.t.m. but I might jump in with
both feet. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Mary