Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Running boards for wiring unfinished basement

I don't think that the NEC clearly defines "running board" , so I would
imaging a 2x4 could be used as well as a 1x6 depending upon how much cable
you need to run

"Dante" wrote in message
I have to install some more wiring and receptacles in my unfinished
basement. I know I have to make running boards for the wire that runs
perpendicular to the floor joists, but I'm not sure exactly how. Can
someone link a picture or specifications? Is it just a flat board or does
it have to have sides that extend past the wire like a channel? I don't
want to drill holes in the joists at this time because all the rest of the
wiring is just stapled across the joists.

Thanks
Dante