Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default Outdoor Flood Lights-Juice but no Light

On Tue, 29 May 2007 12:06:52 -0400, "CooSer"
wrote:

I am a little baffled. I have flood lights that used to work. They stopped
working so I replaced the bulbs with indoor/outdoor type flood lights. This
did not fix the problem. I checked the sockets with my little $6 voltage
detector and there is power. In fact, there is power in the sockets whether
the switch is on or off.

Now could it not be working because I need a special 'Outdoor' bulb? Or,
since I get a power reading with the switch on or off, is there something
wrong in the wiring?

Any suggestions would be great!

Any lamp should work in the fixture. Try using the new lamp in
another fixture or use a known working bulb the floodlight.

You should not be reading voltage with the switch off. Try testing
with a reliable tester