Posted to alt.home.repair
Clancy Wiggum Clancy Wiggum is offline

Default Outdoor Flood Lights-Juice but no Light

Charles wrote:

Here is brief tutorial:

1/ Voltage is constant in parallel circuits.
2./ Voltage is distributed in series circuits.
3/ A resistance or impedance will drop some voltage, proportional to current
flow.

No ****? I guess nothing changed since I took basic DC/AC circuits in
college 20 years ago.

HE/SHE might have a circuit with a bad connection ... good enough to
register normal when no load is connected and m

He/She *might* have an elephant's trunk stuck up the anal orifice too.
Nobody knows until we can reliably test it though, eh?

So instead of spouting *what if's*, let's direct our friend to
actually test the circuit before proclaiming ' bad connection', which
is vague in itself and offers no solution to the OP's problem.

It very well be a loose or oxidized connection, but you are not
following the flow of troubleshooting, nor given any advice on how to
find or correct this "phantom" bad connection.