Posted to alt.home.repair
Pinball4Fun Pinball4Fun is offline

Default staple removing

On May 29, 11:59 am, "Bob" wrote:
Anyone know the best tool to remove staples from hard wood flooring?

Some of them are really embedded deep and I would like to remove while
damaging the floor as less as possible.

So far a screw driver and pliers is what I am using but it would be nice if
there was a better solution.

Hello Bob - I had this same problem. Don't use a flat screwdriver
head, it's too think. I found the best tool to use was a small pry
bar. I attached a link to the one I used from sears below. What you
do is gently tap the corner of the "flat" end of the pry bar into the
center of the staple. For leverage and so you don't damge the wood
floor when pressing down, put a small piece of wood (could even be a
small piece of molding trim) behind the bar and press down. Gently
press down when you feel you caught it and , bingo, it's out. If the
screw is too embedded, use a small hammer to tap the "corner" of the
flat end of the pry bay under the screw. Regards and hoped this
helped. By the way, this Pry Bar is now my favorite tool, I use it
for everything.....

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes