Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Evening class in Glasgow

wrote:
| I'm looking for an evening class in carpentry somewhere in Glasgow.
| I'm not looking for a professional qualification, just something
| light for DIY projects. More general DIY courses might also suit.
| Can anybody recommend anything?
|
| I've tried some light Googling and some Email enquiries, but the one
| course I found (a college in North Glasgow somewhere) apparently
| never runs because it never gets any takers.
|
| Peter

In the USA, many high schools (last four years of secondary education)
offer "adult education" and/or "continuing edication" classes in the
evenings. These programs are non-academic and, with the exception of
some first aid classes, offer no certification. Most frequently
they're conducted by a someone with an unusually keen interest in the
subject and who enjoys sharing their knowledge with others.

It would seem reasonable to me to expect that you might be able to
find similar offerings in the Glasgow area - and I'd guess that you
might find it at a pre-college level school.

Disgustingly, my only info on education in the UK is a two-page
article (in French!) in the middle of a paper-back Larousse
English/French dictionary - and after working my way through it all,
they mention that the system is different in Scotland. :-(

Good luck!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar