Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement water questions

The water was mainly coming in from one area, at the base of the steps
which lead down to the

basement from the floor above. *These stairs are not near any exterior
basement wall and we

could not really see how the water was getting there.

Probably water coming up from UNDER floor, there are likely anchors of
the steps in the concrete, or a crack and water follows the easiest
path.

I had that in my old houseduring rain the water table would raise.

Having been down this road before I would spend trhe bucks and install
the entire system, it can do NO HARM! and the dry basement warranty is
a plus at hoime sale time

Other than cost do you have anything else you dislike about a
iunterior french drain?