Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB dnoyeB is offline

Default Basement water questions

On Tue, 29 May 2007 05:37:28 -0700, Vickie wrote:

During the big rain event, (while the water was coming into the
basement) we went all around the house and did not see anything
pooling or draining up against the house.

The water was mainly coming in from one area, at the base of the steps
which lead down to the basement from the floor above. These stairs
are not near any exterior basement wall and we could not really see
how the water was getting there.

Maybe you should check for a roof leak. I had one in my last home that
revealed itself in the basement before it showed on the first floor. And
it never showed on the 2nd floor.