Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Ideas for tie-downs for a trailer

On 27 May 2007 16:24:31 -0700, beecrofter wrote:
-snip-

weld down the end links of 8" lengths of chain

Why 8" lengths? Seems like that would be a noisey, dangerous
bunch of flails as you go down the highway.

I used 20 sets of double links. Bolted one link to the trailer
frame & it keeps the other link from flopping around. Welding would
be nice- but then you'd need to paint.

I got mine at lowes & used their cutter to chop it up. -- Also saved
me a few bucks because I didn't pay for all the lost links. While I
was chopping away 2 employees walked by and watched me- at first they
thought I was just chopping every link. When they saw I was buying
short pieces, they wished me luck and moved on.

Jim