Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Precision of engineering helps bottom line (washer broke 2 wks out of warranty).

On Tue, 29 May 2007 06:45:01 GMT, Gary Brady
wrote:

Ignoramus4760 wrote:
Just two weeks after warranty on our G.E. Profile washer expired, it
broke. Seems like pump does not work, there is a faint 60 Hz sound
from inside the washer when pump is supposed to pump, but no
pumping takes place.

I find this "coincidence" an evidence for intentional design where
stuff is made to break after warranty, for extra "revenue" to be made
on easy repairs and parts.

For this reason, I've determined that I will never buy another new
washer. I've got a service manual and intend to keep my 1981 Whirlpool
until I die. I've got a spare, though, a Maytag Performa that someone
tossed out when only 4 years old. It took 2.5 hours to fix it, no parts
needed.

Shoot, man. Just get yourself a scrub board and a galvanized bucket.
Last you the rest of your life.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)