Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default The reason for Home Depot Plywood Lack of Quality

On May 29, 1:14�am, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Han wrote:

* Have you driven through Connecticut lately?

To perhaps give you a different perspective on the difference between
East coast and SoCal transit, consider the following:

Since you live in Fairlawn, NJ, a question.

How long would it take you to travel between Fairlawn and New Haven, CT
to say attend classes at Yale?

For many in SoCal, that would be a fairly typical length of commute.

Lew

Yeah, Lew, but you wouldn't do it. Go to Rutgers or Princeton instead,
or even NYU or Columbia. COmmuting that distance in the east is
nuts...there are simply too many alternatives.

I used to commute from Amawalk, NY (northern Westchester County) to
Manhattan when I worked in a downtown ad agency--William St. That
didn't last too long. It blew something close to five hours a day, and
at 23, I had other uses for that five hours. I simply moved into
Manhattan (admittedly, probably not a solution today, especially if
you're making a munificent $85 a week). Single room, with bath but no
cooking facilities, $13 a week.