Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default The reason for Home Depot Plywood Lack of Quality

todd wrote:

| Maybe it's been a long time since you made that trip. It's
| currently a 20-hour train ride from Chicago to NY. If you have a
| "roomette", it runs $482 one way. I have family in San Antonio, TX.
| I've looked into taking the train with my wife and our 2 little
| ones. It would take 32+ hours and cost about $1600 round trip with
| the "family bedroom". I can fly for about half that. I wouldn't
| mind the time so much, but I can't pay double just for the pleasure.

It has been quite a while. I don't remember what the fare was - but am
reasonably certain it was a _lot_ less than $482 :-)

Coincidentally, my last domestic train trip was to Killeen, Texas from
Fayetteville, North Carolina. Definitely a different level of comfort
on a troop train - but it'd be difficult to beat the fare...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar