Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default 2-way light switch query

Mike wrote:

It also avoids any Part P problems as you aren't doing any new circuits.

It would be a minor work in this case, since it is extending and
existing circuit and not in a special location or kitchen.

Hi, Thanks for the input. Could you please clarify... if I install an
x10 dimmer switch in place of the regular light switch in my lounge,
would that be notifiable if I do it myself? If so, I'm rather amazed.

It would not be notifiable. The stuff that is notifiable includes things
like running complete new circuits from the consumer unit (CU), changing
the CU, or extending existing circuits in bathrooms. Even "like for
like" replacements of switches in bathrooms is permitted as a minor work.

--
Cheers,

John.