Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default 2-way light switch query

"Mike" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 May 2007 10:34:38 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

There is a battery in the unit with the buttons.
They last a couple of years IME.

Yes, I realise in retrospect that one item would need a battery. Not
really a problem, especially if they last a couple of years.

It sounds like you have 1st-hand experience of these devices. Have you
noted any problems?

I built a home automation demonstration for the company I worked for.
It worked fine but it was problematic in that I was working in an industrial
environment using power rails that were on different phases.
X10 doesn't cross phases so I had to rearrange a lot of the under floor
outlets to get it to work.

Once it was working it could be controlled using a flash application running
over the web and included AV, TVoD, etc.
I use homeseer software for the basic control as it has a programming
interface.