Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck (in SC) Chuck (in SC) is offline

Default 6 yo lennox leaking freon

On Mon, 28 May 2007 10:24:49 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Might want to check the access fittings where he put the gages.
Sometimes those leak.

Funny you should mention that. My 1.5 year old Lennox is leaking there as we
speak. The parts were ordered from Texas last week (still under warranty) but
in the meanwhile I'm sweating.

It was leaking from around the schrader valves where they hook up the gauges.
You'd think they could just swap out valves but apparently they intend to swap
out the entire valve block.

I would bet that the manufacturer won't pay local service company till
they see proof that they changed your valve block.. And they want the
old block back to take a look at..
Otherwise.. you could have someone filling out a bunch of warranty
papers for unneeded work..
yeah.. I know we have too good of work ethic for this to happen but
it's possible..

Chuck (in SC)